Department for Work & Pensions

Department for Work & Pensions

The Department for Work & Pensions can offer financial help to those arranging a funeral who are on a low income and would otherwise struggle to pay for the cost of a funeral.

To qualify for help from the DWP either you or your partner need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related
  • Employment and
  • Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element
  • Child
  • Tax Credit
  • Support for Mortgage
  • Interest

Qualifying Help

If you would like to talk to someone to see if you qualify for help from the DWP you can contact Jobcentre Plus and they will be able to guide you through the process. 

You can find a link to the DWP claim form below and on our links page. It does not need to be the applicant that fills out the form so if you need any help filling this out you can contact Jobcentre Plus or ourselves at Broadoak Funeral Service and we will be able to assist you in filing it out, however it has to be the applicant which signs the claim form.

Once the claim has been approved the payment will be sent directly to Alder Forest Funeral Service.